Speak To An Uber/Lyft Accident Attorney Today
Unlike taxi companies, Uber and Lyft drivers use their own personal vehicles rather than commercial vehicles. Accordingly, Florida Law requires coverage beyond the state-standard insurance coverage for personal vehicles. However, there are distinctions between the amount of coverage required when providing a ride and when simply logged into the network.
While logged into the network but not providing a ride, drivers must have:
- Coverage of at least $50,000 for death and bodily injury per person
- Coverage of at least $100,000 for death and bodily injury per incident
- Coverage of at least $25,000 for property damage
- Personal injury protection benefits that meet the minimum coverage amounts required under §627.730-627.7405
- Uninsured and underinsured vehicle coverage as required by §627.727.
Do I Have A Case?
- Coverage of at least $1 million for death, bodily injury, and property damage
- Personal injury protection benefits that meet the minimum coverage amounts required of a limousine under §627.730-§627.7405
- Uninsured and underinsured vehicle coverage as required by §627.727
We also understand that legal issues with Uber and Lyft are not just limited to auto accidents and sometimes involve physical and sexual assaults. If you were groped, sexually harassed, sexually assaulted, robbed, attacked, beaten, threatened, or otherwise suffered emotional or physical harm by an Uber or Lyft driver, then an Uber/Lyft accident attorney may be able to help. Uber and Lyft are providing a service to the public and have a legal duty to ensure their drivers are offering a safe environment for their passengers.
The professionals at Pacin Levine are experienced Uber/Lyft accident lawyers. We are familiar with Uber and Lyft practices, procedures, and insurance policies, having represented many types of cases involving Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing services. Our cases have included:
- Pedestrians struck by Uber and Lyft vehicles
- Passengers injured in Uber and Lyft vehicles
- Vehicles involved in accidents with Uber and Lyft vehicles
- Uber and Lyft drivers injured by other vehicles
- Bicyclists struck by Uber and Lyft vehicles
- Sexual and physical assaults by Uber and Lyft drivers
Reach out to an Uber/Lyft accident attorney at Pacin Levine today. Schedule a free case evaluation at 1-800-24-7-CRASH (2727).
What If I Am An Uber or Lyft Driver and I Was Hit By An Uninsured Motorist?
Reach out to one of Pacin Levine’s experienced Uber/Lyft accident lawyers today.