Reach Out to One of Our Florida Hit and Run Accident Attorneys
A hit and run accident is an offense where at least one person flees the scene of a car crash and fails to give sufficient information or help to the other people involved in the accident.
Per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 1,980 fatal hit-and-run accidents with 2,049 deaths reported in 2016. 1,398 of these crashes involved non-vehicle motorists, such as pedestrians and bicyclists.
Even more shocking is that the rate of hit and run accidents has been increasing by 7.2% each year since 2009.
In Florida, every driver is legally required to:
- Provide a valid driver’s license and insurance to others involved in the accident and police officers at the scene;
- Give a name, address, and registration number to others involved in the accident and responding law enforcement;
- Provide “reasonable assistance” to anyone injured in the accident.
Do I Have A Case?
What Can I Do If I Am Affected By A Hit and Run Accident?
How Can I Find Hit and Run Attorneys Near Me?
If you are the affected party in a hit and run, you likely question, “Are there competent hit and run attorneys near me?”
Pacin Levine has successfully represented clients throughout Florida and recovered significant compensations for many hit and run victims. We can help you file an accident claim by compiling relevant evidence, which can include the following documents:
- Medical records reporting the severity of your injuries
- Hospital billing statements
- Police reports
- Video footage from a traffic stop or nearby business
- Funeral and burial costs (for wrongful death cases)