Find a Skilled Motorcycle Accident Attorney — Florida Legal Professionals at Your Service
Motorcycles tend to be less visible on the road than trucks and other four-wheel vehicles, especially at night and in poor weather conditions. Since they are not closed vehicles, motorcycle operators and passengers are more vulnerable to poor weather and road hazards than other drivers. They may also sustain more severe injuries due to the lack of external protection. This two-wheel vehicle can be more difficult to stabilize than other four-wheel vehicles as well.
If you are in a motorcycle crash, you may experience severe injuries that affect your spine, head, neck, and back. These injuries can escalate to disfigurement, paralysis, amputation, and death.
Do I Have A Case?
Call us at 1-800-24-7-CRASH (2727) and schedule a free case evaluation.
How to Protect Yourself On A Motorcycle
Most of these accidents happen when a motorcyclist collides with a passenger vehicle driver. There are several steps you can take to ensure that you are more protected and more visible to other drivers:
- Wear a well-fitting helmet — many traumatic head injuries can be avoided or minimized through proper helmet use
- Use eye protection to maintain clear visibility of the road
- Stay out of other vehicles’ blind spots
- Avoid driving aggressively and inattentively
- Follow the speed limit
- Always use your turn signal when switching lanes
- Avoid tailgating other vehicles
- Avoid driving under the influence
- Be as predictable as possible on the road
Even when you take all of these precautions, you can still be the victim of an accident on the road. In the case that you are, you should:
1) Assess if anyone is injured. Call 911 for emergency assistance and contact law enforcement so an investigation can take place.
2) Move your motorcycle to a safe location.
3) Exchange contact and insurance information with the others involved in the crash.
4) Take photos of the vehicles and the scene surrounding the accident
5) Notify your insurance carrier and the other drivers’ insurance carriers. Speak with your attorney before providing statements.
If manufacturer or driver negligence caused your crash, reach out to a motorcycle accident attorney — Florida legal experts will be able to evaluate and determine the value of your distinct case. Call us for a free case evaluation today.