Find a Workers’ Compensation Attorney to Fight for Your Rights Today
Do I Have A Case?
Florida’s No-Fault System
In Florida, we employ a no-fault workers’ compensation system. That means you are entitled to damages when you are injured on the job, regardless of who is at fault. However, if you knowingly went against a known safety rule, or if you showed up to the job site under the influence of drugs or alcohol, then it’s possible for your employer or insurance company to deny all of your benefits.
What Sort of Injuries/Illness Does Workers’ Compensation Cover?
So long as the injury or illness happened at work or directly because of your work, there are no limitations. The most common claims come from the following situations:
- Slip and falls
- Machinery accidents
- Equipment malfunctions
- Being struck or injured by an object
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Burns or scalding
- Falling from an elevated platform or ladder
- Airborne chemicals
- Notify your employer.
- Seek immediate medical attention and treatment.
- Contact a workers’ compensation lawyer near you. The attorneys at Pacin Levine, P.A. are waiting for your call at 1-800-24-7-CRASH (2727).
- Submit your Workers’ Compensation claim.