You hop into your Uber and while you are pleasantly scrolling through Instagram, the next thing you know WHAMMM! After a few moments you come to and realize you were in a car accident. The Uber trip you were pleasantly enjoying has now turned into a complicated mess without any clue as to what to do next. What now? Rest assured, that’s what we are here for at Pacin Levine, P.A., where we focus on Uber and Lyft car accidents.
I was a passenger in an Uber or Lyft car that was involved in a car accident, now what?
If you are an Uber or Lyft passenger and are involved in a car accident, here are a few steps you should follow regardless of who is at fault.
1. Make sure everyone is safe, if so call the local police department to report the car accident. If there are individuals injured at the scene of the accident, call 911 and request an ambulance to your location.
2. Take pictures of the vehicles involved capturing any commercial logos on the vehicles, such as the Uber, Lyft, or Amazon logos you may see, damage to the vehicles, driver license of both drivers, registration of both vehicles, automobile insurance card of both vehicles and a screenshot of the Uber receipt for the trip during which you were injured.
3. You will also want to get the contact information of both driver’s, including phone numbers and email addresses, should there be a need to reach them in the future. Be sure to report the car accident to Uber or Lyft through the app on your phone.
4. Once you have obtained the information for all the vehicles, as an Uber or Lyft passenger you should wait for the police to arrive and obtain a copy of the accident report or driver’s exchange. Do not hop in another Uber or Lyft vehicle and leave the scene of the accident as it could be a costly mistake down the road. You want to make sure that you are listed on the police report as a passenger should there be a need to open a claim in the future. If you are unable to wait for the local police department to arrive, at a bare minimum you will have the main information required to help your attorney build your case.
5. If you are injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, then you should call Pacin Levine, P.A. at 800-247-2727, where our Firm will get started on contacting the appropriate insurance carriers in order to obtain compensation for the injuries you sustained in the accident.
Many times due to the adrenaline rush from the accident, individuals do not start feeling injuries until a few days after the accident, and that is ok. An automobile accident can be very traumatic and confusing to any individual, especially when you don’t know where to start.
An Uber or Lyft car just got into an accident with my car, now what?
What if you’re driving along and all of a sudden, an Uber or Lyft car collides with your vehicle? Regardless of whether you were at fault or not, there are various steps you should take:
1. Pull over to a safe area on the side of the road. Ensure everyone is safe, if not call 911 to get an Ambulance to your location as soon as possible.
2. While you are waiting for the Ambulance or the officer to arrive, take the opportunity to take pictures of the vehicles involved in the accident including any commercial logos on the vehicles, the damage to the vehicles, driver license of the Uber or Lyft driver, vehicle registration of the Uber or Lyft car, obtain the contact information of the driver and passengers involved in the accident.
3. Once the local police arrive and complete their report, ensure that the report is accurate and includes all passengers involved in the accident.
4. After the accident you should contact Pacin Levine, P.A. at 1-800-247-2727 and our Firm will get started on obtaining compensation for your injuries caused by the car accident.
Were you injured in an Uber or Lyft accident? Whether you were a rider, an Uber or Lyft driver, or injured by an Uber or Lyft vehicle, our team of experienced accident attorneys are here to help. Call us today at (800) 247-2727. We handle Uber and Lyft car accident injury cases in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Naples, Marco Island, and the entire State of Florida.
If you would like to learn more about Uber and Lyft related car accidents, check out the practice area section of our website, Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys. You can also learn about the insurance requirements for Uber and Lyft by visiting out our blog on Before you ride in or drive with Uber or Lyft in Florida, learn how the new ride sharing law impacts your life, Uber and Lyft Insurance Requirements.